The Auto Union was a joint-venture by Horch, Audi, Wanderer and DKW which was formed in 1932. While racing cars were produced and raced under this name, cars were marketed under their individual names. In 1945 the factories were nationalised and for a number of years all cars were called Auto Union. The 1000S was produced between 1958-62.
3 cylinders, two stroke, 981 cc (50 bhp at 4800 rpm).